Have you subscribed and received your copy of Family Hymns yet? Have you subscribed and NOT received your copy yet? There are a few moving parts, and the process isn’t animated, so it’s possible that an email might have fallen through the cracks in the recent move. Please do leave a comment here or send an email, so I can get you the file!
- I got the idea for the title from reflections on the spiritual life of children by Rahima Baldwin…though it seems like she might have gotten the idea from Milton:
Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.
- Pam from ED Snapshots asked if I had a favorite YouTube channel for learning new hymns. I don’t. Do you? I’d love to find a great place to learn new-to-me hymns.
- Mystie from Simply Convivial suggested “Listen While We Sing” and Worship Service Resources. I really like the solo piano on “Listen While We Sing,” but you’d have to purchase both volumes to get most of the hymns I included in Family Hymns.
- You can listen to Garrison Keillor talk about the Huddersfield Choir on BBC4’s Desert Island Disks.
- Mary Oliver talks about moral imagination and the relationship between poetry and singing hymns on the latest episode of On Being
(You’ll notice that I’ve underlined the links in the post…I still need to figure out how to change the link color to something a little easier to see!)