Creating a compass to guide me through the 40 days of Lent.
NORTH :: PRAY
- I love listening to Pray as You Go. It’s a simple way to bring a bit of contemplative goodness into busy days.
- I’m also thinking of working through one of the online retreats offered by Good Ground Press.
- Planning on pulling out my springtime edition of The Divine Hours. The daily infusion from the Psalms will provide a rich counterpoint to the gospel stories from our Jesus Tree study.
SOUTH :: DO WITHOUT
- We’ll be fasting from meat on Fridays throughout Lent.
- And giving up alcohol as well.
EAST :: EVERYDAY
- I want to draw something each day–40 Drawings in 40 Days. More on this tomorrow.
- My walking habit has gotten spotty. I want to take a reflective walk each day.
- We will be studying the life of Jesus using these printable coloring sheets and reading guide.
WEST :: CELEBRATE
- We’ll be hosting my brother and nephew about half way through Lent.
- And just as they leave, we’re having an exchange student from Japan come for a week.
- We also will be celebrating St Patrick + St Joseph in high style.