I feel like I say this quite often, but the Feast of the Annunciation really is one of my favorite feasts of the year. It’s a celebration of the Incarnation–God coming right down into time and becoming human. This feast roots the wonder of Christmas in tangible terms. The Annunciation is the beginning of Mary’s pregnancy. The word is made flesh.
Here are a few links to coloring pages. Maybe for a few moments today you and your children can sit together and work on these, to remember with our bodies the glory of time and redemption.
- Jen Miller at Family in Feast and Feria has a wonderful collection of images to print and color
- Catholic Icing shares this wonderful Fra Angelico painting. It’s what I’ll be working on, praying with today.
- Here is a lovely, simple Orthodox image to color
- An old post from One Deep Drawer with a Gertrud Mueller Nelson image of course!
- And because it’s always good to listen to Lou Reed singing Bruce Cockburn…