I made a quick list this morning of the books that I want to read before the year’s out. These are things that I’ve started and set aside or seasonal reads. When I listed it all out, it looked a little daunting. I’m not trying to just get through these books…I want the books to get through me too.
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- More Than a Dream: The Cristo Rey Story by G.R. Kearney
- The Vigil by Wendy Wright
- The Irrational Season by Madeleine L’Engle
- maybe An Acceptable Time by L’Engle as well
- Lifesigns by Henri Nouwen
- Plant Dreaming Deep by May Sarton
- Winter Holiday by Arthur Ransome (reading aloud)
- The Green Ember by S.D. Smith (audiobook)
- The Painting Workbook by Alena Hennessy
And I’d like to finish working through the Simplified Organization Course, watching the Brave Writer Retreat videos, maybe participate in the Just Five Things workshop. And a poetry workshop here in town. And, you know, celebrate Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas because I like to keep things simple!
I’ll be updating my Goodreads page soon too, so maybe we can connect there too!