a reading life
(these two. on the couch reading and discussing The Horse and His Boy.)
a few lines from Reading for the Heart by Sarah Clarckson.
a large part of education is simple eye-opening exposure to the realities of the world around us.
…people who experience the drip and drop of hours and days as a cadence, who found a poem waiting in the details of mundane hours.
…rich habits of reading…
…this life of books…
and a few of the gems she recommended that are simply shining:
- Saint George and the Dragon by Margaret Hodges
- Only Opal illustrated by Barbara Cooney
- When I was Young in the Mountains by Cynthia Rylant
- Committed to Memory by John Hollander
- Classical Kids Audio Series (these haven’t really taken here; but i think we will return to them in a year or so when our listeners are a bit older.)