At the end of last year I began working as a virtual assistant–helping a few other bloggers implement specific projects. It’s been a wild ride so far, and I’m loving every minute of it. I promise to write more about the process and the resources that have helped along the way. But for today I want to tell you about the primary work that I’ve been doing!
Sarah from Amongst Lovely Things took a chance on this very green VA, and offered me the opportunity to work with her on Flourish. In it’s most basic form, it’s a subscriber newsletter. But it is oh so much more! Beautiful, spacious, deep, inspiring–this issue of Flourish is centered on cultivating wonder. The March edition will be going out in the next few days. Make sure you are on the mailing list. Did I mention that it’s FREE?! Go sign up already. You won’t be disappointed!
I also got the chance to hang out in the chat box during last night’s webinar on commonplacing. There’s really nothing like talking to other women who are committed to growing and learning alongside their children. These homeschooling mamas are smart, passionate, practical, and wise. There were technical difficulties, and for the first few minutes we shared recent reads + resources. Here’s the short list:
Favorite journals + supplies
- Leuchetterm journals and Lamy fountain pens
- May Designs for beautiful books
- midori traveler’s notebook
The Most Excellent Book List
- Our Mutual Friend, Dickens
- CS Lewis, The Great Divorce
- Flannery O’Connor short stories
- The Phantom Tollbooth, great book!
- The Odyssey
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- Brave New World, Thirty Steps to Heaven, and A Room With a View
- Consider This and Little Women
- Pope Benedict’s Jesus of Nazareth
- Desiring the Kingdom, James K.A. Smith
- The Betrothed
- Peace Like a River
- I just finished The Bird in the Tree. <3
- Tristram Shandy, The Aeneid
- a biography of Hannah Moore right now (a contemporary of William Wilberforce).
- Consider This and The Wizard of Oz
- The Green Ember by S.D. Smith
- All Creatures Great and Small with family
- A Dangerous Journey (Pilgrims progress for kids) with the kids
- The Aenied, Vergil
- Loved Pilgrim’s Inn, just finished